Oh September, how is it that you are already here?! I took part in a discussion on Facebook this week about whether people are excited for fall to arrive or are mourning the end of summer. I am definitely in the latter camp. What about you?
Regardless of how you feel about the fall, it will soon be upon us and it is time for me to do another monthly goal/theme. Back in December when I was planning out my goals/themes for the year I knew that come September I would have just given birth and would be needing some recuperating time. So I decided to dedicate this month to myself. What that exactly meant at the time I wasn’t sure. Now, that I am here the following are my goals for this month.
- Write Jacobs birth story. I always struggle with how much to share and what to keep private when the internet is such a public forum and the birth of a child is such a special and private event. I have been struggling with finding a balance that I am comfortable with so I haven’t written his birth story yet. Jacobs birth was also a bit traumatic for me so I think that writing his story out will actually be therapeutic.
- Shower every day in the morning. This may sound funny but I find a huge difference in how I feel when I have had a chance to shower versus when I haven’t and especially when it’s first thing in the morning.
- Be in bed by 10:30. One would think that this would be easy but with a baby who is not on a nursing schedule yet and always a list of things I need to complete in the evenings I struggle with this.
- Go for a walk at least twice a week. Again, I really enjoy getting out for some fresh air and exercise but it hasn’t happened the last little while. I am hoping to change that this month.
- Get eyebrows threaded. Vain, I know. With family pictures coming up this month (seriously, who plans family pictures for right after having a baby?! Oh wait, that would be me!) I want to feel good about how I look and I find that this helps.
- Finish at least one book. I LOVE reading and given the chance I would probably spend a few hours or more a day doing so. That’s not realistic right now for me but I am hoping to find some time each day to get some reading in.
- Catch up on our family blog. I am over a month (or two?) behind with our family blog. It is such a neat thing to have to remember all of the small things we do so I really want to catch up on it before I get too far behind and forget about certain details.
There it is! Seven things that I hope to accomplish this month. What about you? How do you take care of yourself?